With a 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine, the all-new G-Class produces 416 horsepower and a maximum torque of 450 lb-ft.* But the true improvements lie in the re-imagined powertrain that allows for greater off-road capabilities. An independent front suspension with a double-wishbone front axle gives the vehicle more rigidity and maximum ground clearance, while three 100% differential locks enhance the agility and performance on any surface.
Through skillful engineering, the new G-Class is 2.1 inches longer and 4.8 inches wider, yet 375 lbs lighter. By using a mix of ultra-high-strength steel and aluminum, it retains the classic look and impressive performance, with the benefit of added interior space. Once inside, you´re welcomed by supple leather seats with luxury head restraints, optional massage functions and integrated air chambers that fill or empty for better support based on the driving dynamics.
And speaking of driving dynamics, the new G-Class features five available driving modes: Comfort, Sport, Eco, Individual and the all-new G-Mode. In G-Mode, the vehicle automatically adapts the damping of the chassis, the steering and the acceleration, avoiding unnecessary gear shifts and providing inch-perfect maneuvering, even in the steepest, most treacherous terrain.
With its off-road character, enhanced technology and world-class luxury appointments, the 2019 G-Class does its history justice and charts a course for all SUVs to come. See it in showrooms by late 2018.
- A 4.0-liter V8 biturbo engine
- 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed automatic transmission
- DYNAMIC SELECT driving programs, including the all-new G-Mode
- Three 100% differential locks (center, rear and front)
- Independent front axle suspension for increased ride comfort
- 12.3-inch high-resolution display with single-bonded glass panel
- Leather seats with memory and seat heating
- Steering wheel with touch-sensitive controls
- Burmester® Surround Sound System
- Ambient lighting with 64 colors
- Advanced driver assistance features like PRESAFE®, ATTENTION ASSIST®, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Brake Assist, and more.